School History

Spring Garden High School 1936

A Brief History Summarization: 

Spring Garden High School is a small, rural school serving kindergarten through twelfth grades. The school’s beginning dates back to 1936 when the smaller community schools in the area consolidated and moved to its present location. The school began serving grades one through twelve and has had a graduating class each year since its inception. Kindergarten was added in the early 1980s.

The original school building, which housed all twelve grades at the time, was destroyed by fire in 1945. Classes met in the vocational building, in churches, and even on school buses until a new building could be constructed. That building stands today and houses grades six through twelve. Other buildings have been added over the years which house kindergarten through fifth grade classes. The 23-acre campus now consists of a kindergarten wing, first grade building, elementary building, middle/high school building, cafeteria, media center, two gymnasiums, vocational building, football stadium, baseball field, and softball field.

Spring Garden High School has been known over the years for outstanding academic achievement, a rich basketball tradition, a strong vocational education program, and extraordinary community support. Many other athletic teams and programs have been added in order to better serve students.